Risk & Reinvention: How Women Are Changing the World — August 15-16, 2014
THANK YOU to everyone who attended the Women's International Study Center's (WISC's) inaugural Symposium, Risk & Reinvention: How Women Are Changing the World, on August 15-16, 2014. Your participation and engagement in the 2-day conversations made the event an incredibly inspiring community experience, and created awareness for the need for intergenerational communication about issues affecting women around the world. WISC would also like to thank each of the extraordinary panelists who offered their insights and knowledge with authenticity and excellence. We would especially like to thank U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg for inviting us into such a personal and thoughtful discussion about her life, experiences and perspectives.
WISC's inaugural Symposium could not have been possible without the support of WISC's Board of Directors, our Academic Advisory Committee, our incredible team of volunteers, and our generous Sponsors and Supporters including our host, the Drury Plaza Hotel-Santa Fe.
If you attended WISC's 2014 Symposium and did not have a chance to fill out an evaluation, please use this LINK to fill out our online evaluation form. Your feedback is incredibly important to help us understand how we can improve the Symposium and make next year's event an even greater success. Thank you!
The following is a list of handouts that were available at the Symposium and referenced by Symposium panelists:
- "The Skills Leaders Need at Every Level." Zenger, J and Folkman, J. 2014. Harvard Business Review. Referenced by Catherine Allen, panelist, "Women in the Labor Force and Business."
- "Women in Sciences, Engineering and Technology," prepared and referenced bv Joan Woodard, panelist, "Women in Sciences, Engineering and Technology."
- "WISC Report on the Status of Women in the US," prepared and referenced by Letitia Chambers, panelist, "First Morning Session," "Women in Cultural Preservation," and "Concluding Session."
Many thanks to KSFR Santa Fe Public Radio 101.1FM and Alliance Audio Visual for providing these recordings.
- A Conversation with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- WISC Symposium 2014 Plenary Session
- FOCUS SESSIONS:
- First Afternoon Session: Young Women Today
- Second Afternoon Session: A Global Perspective
- Concluding Session: What Are the Lessons and Insights Gained Today
For the Symposium agenda, session descriptions and speaker biographies, please download the Program Book.
WISC is pleased to host its inaugural Symposium, Risk & Reinvention: How Women Are Changing the World, on August 15-16, 2014 at the new Drury Plaza Hotel, Santa Fe, NM.
More than three hundred women and men gathered at the 2014 Symposium to explore women’s accomplishments, challenges and opportunities across disciplines, ethnicities and generations. Beginning with a conversation with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, more than 30 experts in scholarship, science, technology, engineering, art, law, cultural preservation, business and labor force analysis will engage in panel discussions to share their expertise, perspectives and experiences. The Symposium seeks to inspire participants to create a future that realizes the full potential of women and honors their contributions to our world.
Thank You To Our Generous Sponsors:
Thank You To Our Generous Supporters: