Acequia Madre House seeks an archival assistant
ACEQUIA MADRE HOUSE (AMH)
The Archival Assistant will help process the institution’s archival material. This involves rehousing historical material (letters, documents, photographs, etc.) and includes sorting, tabbing/clipping, labeling acid-free folders, reorganizing, and helping to create an index of material. In particular, the Archival Assistant will support the digitization of archival materials, the ongoing development of an associated database, and the online publishing of selected materials. Archival or library experience, digitization expertise, and demonstrated proficiency in database management are preferred. Responsibilities may involve supervising and assisting a small team of volunteers who will be engaged with the same work. The Archival Assistant performs various levels of administrative and office work in addition to primary archival responsibilities.
This job requires a great attention to detail and ability to carry out repetitive tasks, but it also provides a rare opportunity for someone interested in the history and cultures of the Southwest as well as the impact of women. The position is ideal to acquire archival, museum, and/or nonprofit experience. There is opportunity for this position to increase in responsibility in the future.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Digitization, database management, and content management systems expertise.
- Excellent computer skills, including internet research, MS Office (expertise with Excel is especially important) and Dropbox.
- Ability to carefully handle fragile historic material, artifacts, and documents.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently and productively.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Interest/capacity for learning other software programs as necessary, such as PastPerfect, Content DM, Constant Contact, and HootSuite.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures (file, photocopy, scan, fax) and good telephone skills.
- Experience and expertise with Photoshop, Publisher, Google and burning CDs.
- Experience with social media platforms, especially Facebook and Twitter.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- The ability to lift and move materials weighing up to 45 pounds.
- The ability to reach and lift items to a height of 6’ with the use of a step-ladder.
- The ability to work at ground level and lift material to work tables.
- The ability to climb stairs.
- The ability to work with dusty or moldy materials.
- Location: 614 Acequia Madre, Santa Fe, NM 87505
- It is preferred that applicant have their own vehicle.
- Schedule: Hours are flexible and to be determined with successful applicant. Could range from 2 to 4 days per week.
- Pay range: To be determined, $13.00/hour
Bunny Pierce Huffman, Director
Acequia Madre House – 614 Acequia Madre
How to Apply
Send cover letter, résumé, references (personal and professional) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
ENTRY-LEVEL SALARY: $13.00/ hour
HOURS PER WEEK: 16-32
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1